Fabric API (1.19.1, 1.18.2) – Essential Hooks for Modding
Fabric API (1.19.1, 1.18.2) is a lightweight mod loader that’s designed to be much faster in terms of updates compared to similar programs like Minecraft Forge. It doesn’t offer full-on customization for editing mods to your preference but you can still develop mods with it. This modular modding toolchain lets porting be faster and makes game instances much leaner.
However, while using the mod loader software is enough, most mods you’ll encounter will need the Fabric API. This is the so-called “hook layer” which provides the most common hooks for mods so that your copy of Minecraft will accept them. You have to insert this in the mods folder. Take note that you can’t use this utility on its own—this is simply a library for the mods so that they can interact with each other.
- Fabric API is the library for essential hooks and interoperability mechanisms for Fabric mods. Examples include:
- Exposing functionality that is useful but difficult to access for many mods such as particles, biomes and dimensions.
- Adding events, hooks and APIs to improve interopability between mods.
- Essential features such as registry synchronization and adding information to crash reports.
- An advanced rendering API designed for compatibility with optimization mods and graphics overhaul mods.
How to install:
- Please visit the following link for full instructions: How To Download & Install Fabric API